I snagged an app deal this morning thanks to my Facebook feed and AppyMall. I saw in their feed that Speech with Milo Articulation Game Pro was on sale from $24.99 to $3.99 so I took the plunge and grabbed it. It only had one review and it wasn't favorable, but I watched the video demo on YouTube and thought it looked like it was worth the money to me. I used it today with 2 groups and I found a lot of positive things to say about it. I have a few suggestions for improvement as well.
- Easy to add student and select sounds to target
- Can target multiple sounds and positions for each student
- Ability to add up to 5 students per game
- Scoring/Data Collection for correct, incorrect and cued
- Ability to mark multiple productions for the same target word.
- The game shows the student where to move their game piece
- Nice pictures
- Ability to turn off sounds, cues and printed words
Suggestions for improvement
- Target sound cards only speak the word when it is first presented. I would like the option to tap the card again to get the target spoken.
- The pop up box that tells you if you lost a turn or get to move ahead is small. It would be great if it had the option to speak the direction aloud.
- Data doesn't store in the app. You can see your data at any time during the game and at the end but if you don't copy it or email it, you lose it.
- Data only gives you a percentage of correct, incorrect or cued and not the number of words attempted and correct.
Overall this was a nice change of pace for the kids. They liked the game and the target words seemed appropriate for all age levels. I should say that I used it with two 5th grade girls with cognitive impairments as well as two 3rd grade regular education students. If you are looking for an easy way to get a game in with articulation practice this is a great option. Unfortunately, it looks like the price has gone back up as I finish this post. :(
iTunes Description: Entertain your kids with this fantastic PRO version of the Board Game by Speech with Milo. About 1,400 sounds in this app! Data is tracked and can be emailed. Sounds in this app are /r/, /r/ blends, /l/, /l/ blends, /th/, /f/, /v/, /k/, /g/, /s/, /z/, /ch/, /sh/,/p/, /b/, /t/, /d/, /m/, /n/, /h/, /w/, /y/,/ng/. We offer initial, medial and final options for all applicable sounds.