Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Old is new again!

Ever pull something out that you haven't used in a while and then think "why the heck haven't I used that more?"  That was me yesterday!  It is the end of the school year and I am trying to get in several more data points for my kids's goals. I have so many groups that are a blend of articulation kids with language kids and I feel like we often don't get enough practice.  So yesterday I pulled out my pocket chart game from a closet  and made up my own game.  I needed /th/ target words for one kid and then practice with attributes, categories, functions and associations for another.  Here is what I came up with.

The original pocket chart game is called Language Adventures Game Show and was from Lakeshore Learning from several years back.  It has language cards that go with it but for today I just stuck my trusty old Webber Artic cards behind the numbers.  I used Post-It labels (see my earlier post about them) to make my own category headings.   The game was simple but provided my two kiddos lot of opportunity to use the /th/ sound and practice the much needed language goals as well.  Have you pulled out any old materials lately and revamped them with success?

No comments:

Post a Comment