Monday, April 8, 2013

A concept for concepts

If you are like me you are always trying to find a way to target all those pesky basic concept words that so many of our kiddos struggle to understand.  I have been going really low tech over the last week and it has been such a big hit with the kids that I had to share.
Quantity concepts are really hard to understand for so many kids. I use manipulatives frequently but this week I decided to see if using dry erase markers on my table could add a little bit of variety.  The kids love writing on the table and it is easy to bring in math along with  language concepts.  Don't worry clean up was easy with my microfiber cloths!  Here are my photos from a few groups over the past week.  
Even, equal and more than concepts

equal, more than
ordinals

ordinals, most, fewest


more than, more, equal

No comments:

Post a Comment